Longfellow Community Council Elections Process
Because of Covid-19, we are conducting our election process a little differently. Below are the steps to follow to run for a seat and to vote for members–
To Submit an application to run for a seat on the LCC Board of Directors:
- Prior to the October 27th General Membership Meeting (GMM) via Zoom, anyone interested in joining the LCC Board of Directors will fill out an application. You can find the application form here or request a copy by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once we have received your application, we will add it to a voter guide that will be advertised through our media resources, so that people can see your application and decide if they would like to vote for you. Along with the voter guide, there will be a ballot where your name will be listed. The voter guide and ballot will be available on our website at http://www.longfellow.org soon.
To nominate yourself during the General Membership Meeting:
- During the General Membership meeting, residents will have an opportunity to add their name to the ballot and voter guide. Because we may have additions during the meeting, we will keep our voting process open for one week(voting closes on November 2nd).
To vote to elect the 2020-2021 Board of Directors:
- You can go to our website at http://www.longfellow.org (any time before November 2nd) and read the voter guide and fill out the ballot to elect candidates.
- We will notify the elected members and the community at large by Friday, November 6th. Please note, there may be additional nominations during the October 27th General Membership Meeting, so you may want to withhold voting until October 28th.