NOTICE OF A PUBLIC HEARING
PLAN11908: Pete Keely of Collage Architects, on behalf of Hall Sweeney Properties LLC, has submitted the following applications to allow a six-story mixed-use building at 4601, 4617, and 4621 Minnehaha Ave:
- Petition to rezone the property at 4601 Minnehaha Ave from the C1 Neighborhood Commercial District to the C3A Community Activity Center District, retaining the AP Airport Overlay District and PO Pedestrian Oriented Overlay District.
- Petition to rezone the property at 4617 Minnehaha Ave from the R2B Multiple-Family District to the C3A Community Activity Center District and PO Pedestrian Oriented Overlay District, retaining the AP Airport Overlay District.
- Petition to rezone the property at 4621 Minnehaha Ave from the R2B Multiple-Family District to the C3A Community Activity Center District and PO Pedestrian Oriented Overlay District, retaining the AP Airport Overlay District.
- Conditional use permit to increase the maximum height of a principal structure.
- Variance to reduce the front yard setback requirement along 46th St E.
- Variance to reduce the rear yard setback requirement along the east property line adjacent to the alley.
- Variance of the PO Pedestrian Oriented Overlay District standards.
- Variance to increase the percentage of required parking spaces that may be satisfied by providing compact spaces.
- Site plan review for a new, six-story mixed-use building with 123 dwelling units and 4,255 square feet of commercial space
The City Planning Commission will meet on Monday, January 11, 2021, at 4:30 p.m. During the declared local public health emergency, Minneapolis has transitioned to an electronic format for its public meetings and hearings, authorized under Minn. Stat. Section 13D.021, to minimize the risk of exposure to or potential spread of COVID-19. The public may view the public hearing using the following options: Watch on Comcast Channel 14 or 799, CenturyLink Channel 8001 or 8501, or live on www.minneapolismn.gov/tv/citycounciltv.
In accordance with the Zoning Code, all property owners within 350 feet of the subject property are notified of this public hearing. The public may submit comments or participate by phone in the meeting by using the following website: www.minneapolismn.gov/meetings/index.htm.
If you have questions about the project, please contact the City staff person listed below. If you would like to submit comments, you may submit them via the link above or by emailing:
Mei-Ling Smith, Senior City Planner
505 4th Ave S #320, Minneapolis, MN 55415
Phone: (612) 673-5342
Planning Department staff will issue a recommendation to the Planning Commission. After hearing from the public, the Planning Commission will make a determination based on required legal findings of fact. Please visit www.minneapolismn.gov/meetings/planning for the agenda with staff reports (web page will be updated by the end of the day Wednesday prior to the meeting date).
For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats please contact 612-673-3710. People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000. TTY users call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.