IMPORTANT INFORMATION : New for 2019!
What does this mean for you?
By registering to take part in 2019’s Annual Neighborhood Garage Sale, you are also agreeing to be a “vendor” in our collaborative community art project, the Greater Robot Grab. Twenty-Five participating youth will receive a $5 voucher to purchase found objects at a garage sale of their choice (any listed on our map of registered participating residents).
- Vouchers are NOT exchangeable for cash BY THE PARTICIPANT (Only vendors can redeem them for cash)
- Vendors will NOT GIVE PARTICIPANTS CHANGE for the voucher’s remaining unspent value. Vouchers also cannot be combined to purchase items exceeding the cost of $5
How do Vendors exchange received vouchers for money?
After the Garage Sale venders with vouchers, have one (1) month (Deadline: Tuesday, July 9, 2019) to redeem their voucher with LCC for cash:
- Bring vouchers in to the LCC office during business hours (10am-4pm M-F)
- OR mail them to our office [Longfellow Community Council, 2727 26th Ave S., Minneapolis, MN 55406] postmarked by July 9, 2019
Any other rules you should know?
Yep! Here are the rules participants are also given:
- Vouchers are NOT redeemable for cash at any garage sale site, they are only good for purchasing “robot parts”
- A voucher can only be used at a single garage sale location, no returns and no change will be given (We want to make this process as easy as possible for residents hosting garage sales.)
- More than one “robot part” may be purchased with a voucher if combined total is $5 or less
- Vouchers cannot be combined to purchase larger items
- Limit of two (2) vouchers per family/household
Ready to participate? SIGN UP here, AFTER you’ve read the information above.