Cooper Neighborhood, expect some construction as CenterPoint Energy works to move gas meters outside of buildings and residences.
What will CenterPoint Energy do?
In the construction season of 2022 or 2023, CenterPoint Energy’s authorized contractors will work in Minneapolis’s Cooper Neighborhood along the following streets:
- 28th Avenue S. from 31st to 32nd Streets E.
- 29th Avenue S. from Lake Street E. to Minnehaha Avenue
- 30th Avenue S. from 32nd to 34th Streets E.
- 32nd to 35th Avenues S. from Lake Street E. to 34th Street E.
- 37th to 42nd Avenues S. from Lake Street E. to 34th Street E.
- 43rd Avenue S. from 32nd to 34th Streets E.
- 44th to 46th Avenues S. from Lake Street E. to 34th Street E.
- 47th and 48th Avenues S. from Lake Street E. to 31st Street E. and from 32nd to 34th Streets E.
- Edmund Boulevard from 32nd to 33rd Streets E.
What is CenterPoint Energy’s COVID-19 protocol?
The construction crews and personnel will continue to use the Covid-19 Customer Permission Flyer, which requests customer permission prior to entering homes. Personnel, contractors and CenterPoint Energy employees will continue to practice CDC guidelines regarding social distancing, sanitary practices and wearing face masks when entering customer homes.
What if I have an inside gas meter?
What should I expect during restoration?
On the soft surfaces such as boulevards and lawns, various erosion control measures keep the restored area moist, hold seed in the soil, and enhance seed germination. If an erosion blanket is needed it is secured in place with staples. The mesh is a wood fiber that will completely degrade. Prior to mowing the restored area, remove any loose staples that secured the blanket. For photo examples, please visit our Restoration Practices page.